Monday, October 5, 2009

Footprint Intro

I traced my own foot and made this mixed media representation of myself for the first project. The character in the middle was cut out from the image on the cover of the book Atlas Shrugged, showing my interest in philosophy and Ayn Rand. Along with that I placed the globe as a symbol of 'the soul of the world' because that is somewhat of a religious belief for me. Around the middle I played with the lines to show some abstract complexity and the kind of designs I'm into as an artist. I also love bright colors and rainbows which is shown with toe-print people all connected which is also important to me. Finally I made a border with my own words from a poem I wrote titled "Inspiration" which sums up my spirit and all the ways that art and self-expression is my motive to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment